Tuesday 21 February 2012

Friends, Laughs, Jokes and Josh!

I've been a bit behind on my blogging recently due to me going away on holiday, there was no local Mecca and no wi-fi so couldn't even play online!

I made up for it this week though and started off by attending Sunday's 'Grand Night Out' again where each house was a £1000. Much to his dismay I dragged the other half along, he had no excuse this time as football had now finished and I wanted to double my chances of winning, what's his is mine, right? ;)

To be honest the night didn't start too well, he got the board with Red 20 and we took the mickey yet again of his dabbing technique. My mum on the other hand had a rather 'grand' night out, with only 3 numbers to go for the full house she was a nervous wreck. All she needed was number 13, 13 was called and she should have been shouting for joy but no, she was too busy dabbing off number 13 instead of screaming "Bingoooo". A couple of quick nudges from me and my brother and she finally called, very nearly missing it though! I might not have won anything but I'm always happy that someone from our group wins. :)

Recently I've been telling everyone I know about bingo and I get the usual remarks, "Oh that's for old folk", "How boring", until I go on to tell them just what I've won from attending. Tonight we convinced two more of our friends to join us (I think I should get commission for each new member) and we had a whale of a time! They were nervous at first as they were not sure what to do but once they got into it they were wanting to play more, shouting the guy over for more pound coins!

Ah, the staff member who's job it is to go round making sure everyone has change. To be honest they usually don't say much but tonight I have to give a very special mention to Josh from Mecca Bingo Blackpool. I've never laughed so much, he made our friends feel welcome, told us some jokes and had a banter with us for the rest of the night which made the whole experience even more enjoyable!

P.S I had Red 20 tonight....still no luck :(

No comments:

Post a Comment