Monday 27 February 2012

Eyes Down!

During the intervals at my local Mecca Bingo I enjoy playing the Cashline boards on the table, it's so addictive and easy to just sit there and put another pound in!

From my many trips to bingo I have noticed that during these Cashline games players forget or miss a number and then do not claim their win. The caller will shout out letting players know that someone has won but they need to press their claim button. I've always wondered how players do this, surely you're concentrating and keeping on top of which numbers have been called! Unfortunately on Sunday night I fell into this category and now I understand, and sympathise with those players that it happens to!

With only £1 left I decided to use it on one of the BOGOF games. The game began and it wasn't a good start, I had the dreaded Red 20 for one and a group of women near us were chatting really loudly making it difficult to concentrate. After a short while my numbers were flying in, with only 2TG my heart was racing, then with the last number to go the caller stops everyone. He was waiting for someone to press the claim button, I still had one to go  and was secretly hoping that this 'player' would forget to claim. He gave everyone one last chance before moving on and I decided to hit my claim button. Next thing I new my card appeared on the screen along with my board number, to which my mum then turns to me, looks at my last number and says '67 was the first number to come out!'. I'd won £100 without even realising and here's me disapproving of players who don't pay attention to the numbers, hypocrite, yes I think so and I'd like to apologise to everyone I quietly tutted at when this happened!

In other good news I did go on to then win a full house on the final book game netting myself £1000 in cash!

Another Sunday, another fabulous night at bingo with friends and family!

Update: Card A with the dreaded Red 20 is the one I won on so it's gone up in my estimations ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment