Wednesday 25 January 2012

Britain's Got Talent

Mecca Bingo recently posted a competition on their Facebook page to win a pair of tickets to be in the audience for the Britain's Got Talent auditions and to my surprise I won!!

When arriving in the town centre I was taken aback at just how many people were there, the queues to get in were enormous, it was raining and I hadn't yet picked up my ticket (not a great start). After finding one of the BGT's staff I was given my tickets along with my wristband - it looked like I wasn't going to have to join the general public queue after all as we were considered 'sponsorship guests'!

We got taken into the theatre, making our way through the centre of the crowd with everyone looking at us. I totally felt like a VIP then! The seats we had were brilliant as we were sat in the stalls and had a brilliant view of the stage and judges desk. The show finally began with Ant & Dec coming on to the stage to introduce the judges and to our surprise they came down our aisle meaning we were within inches of David Walliams, Alesha Dixon and the Simon Cowell.

Overall the auditions were fab, from pole dancers and singers right through to dodgy magicians and poetry reading! It's a night I won't forget and was very interesting to see what goes on during the breaks between each act. When you watch it on TV you don't realise how long it can take between acts or just how long the judges can ramble on for - it's all very clever editing!

I laughed, cheered, danced and cringed. What more could you ask for?! A big thanks again to Mecca Bingo for running the competition! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment