Sunday 22 January 2012

'Scribblers'

This week, believe it or not, I managed to drag my other half with me, much to his dismay! I got the impression that he won't be coming again, not that I would be too bothered. To be honest his dabbing technique was frustrating me, I don't even think his dabber touched the paper, it sort of brushed past leaving a tiny lil mark on the number! I like full on blob of ink completely drowning the number as I find it a lot easier to see where I am...maybe I need glasses?!!

The above 'mini rant' brings me nicely on to the subject of Scribblers, well that's what I call them anyway! For those wondering, a Scribbler is someone who uses a felt tip pen to 'colour' in each number. Now, picture the scene, the bingo caller begins with the first number being called, a quiet hush descends across the room with no one making a sound for fear of being scorned by others (it happens), when what do you hear but the 'scribble' of the felt tip pen next to you!

For at least 48 calls you have to listen to the 'scribble' and when a room is that quiet it sounds like the loudest thing ever! It happened to me tonight, the woman next to us 'scribbling' away which resulted in me getting the giggles and my Mother getting angrier by the minute, for the only way I can describe the noise during that time is like Chinese torture, a dripping tap that you cannot stop! Maybe I'm just being petty or maybe I should just join the felt tip crew and be done with it. What's the saying, if you can't beat them, join them!

So, what's your pet peeve during bingo?

P.S. Red 20 is still in my bad books!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about the scribblers! My other pet hate is people that are wearing bracelets. They knock the table every time they dab a number making a really annoying noise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I think I fall under that category! I'm constantly knocking the table with my bracelet and trying to rearrange it as it gets in my way! :)

    ReplyDelete